RIXO is looking for a production manager to join our growing and vibrant Design and Supply Planning Team. As a Production Manager, you will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. You will make sure goods are produced efficiently, at the right cost and level of quality. Our ideal candidate will be very proactive, greet every challenge with enthusiasm and share your natural ability to juggle multiple tasks whilst being the calm amongst the storm.
What you will do:
Managing Production Process
- Establish and manage the overall production process and Critical Path from design concept, through sealing production and delivery, whilst overseeing any quality issues within both sampling and production
- Working with design/technical team, problem solving any issues in production
- Close communication with factories, accurate updates, shipment schedules, negotiating prices CMT, ensuring the right product is placed at the right factory
- Create and maintain production strategy
- Production planning including capacity booking for the forthcoming orders, style changes and new target dates, price updates
- Regular factory production meetings to ensure planning is on the right timely scale on a regular basis
- Liaising with logistics team, overseeing shipments, managing relationships with freight forwarders, ensuring smooth and timely delivery of goods
- Develop and maintain positive cross functional and external relationships
Testing and Compliance
- Establish and manage company testing procedures to ensure all components and fabrics comply with British, EU and international standards (fabric testing starting from the base fabric to bulk fabric tests in order to ensure compliance with regulations like correct fiber composition, seam slippage, colour fastness etc, as well as consumer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring factories compliance with regulatory standards. Ensure Factory Audits are in place, obtain and review factory audit reports, to be sure that our products are free of ethical, security, or regulatory concerns.
- Regular factory trips outside the UK to secure compliance, quality and relationships.
Quality and Supplier Relationships
- Build strong relationships with suppliers
- Maintain high quality stock leaving the factory
- Establish and manage the overall faulty product process
- Manage credit note/issue penalties with factories for any faulty garments and returns
- Appropriately challenges ways of working in order to improve effectiveness and maximise results
- Be a key member of the new system implementation team – driving production best practices
- Be a key tester of new system taking detailed integrity checks as necessary to ensure the efficient running of the new system
Who you are:
- You have prior experience as production manager for at least 5 years with a high-end retailer or luxury brand
- You have excellent time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- You are exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems and working closely with people
- You possess and have displayed great attention to detail
- You understand the nuances of life in a start-up and are happy to roll up your sleeves: no job is too big, or too small
We will give you some bonus points for:
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up
- Experience with a PLM system
- A background with working with Excel (Intermediate - Advanced)
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust and free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world – from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we are only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.