People & Talent Manager
RIXO is looking for an established and ambitious People professional who is looking to take a step up to join RIXO LONDON in our first standalone HR role. This role will have a wide and evolving remit during this important period of growth.
Your role will range from working closely with the business, providing invaluable ER advice and guidance; implementing people policies and procedures in accordance with employment law as well as day to day management of all HR generalist responsibilities. You'll play a key role supporting significant recruitment activity, managing the employee lifecycle and well as acting to as the gatekeeper and promoter of the company values and culture across the business and in the external market.
A role that is truly operational with a heavy focus on recruitment especially in the first twelve months, you will be expected to be hands on, and willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, ‘start up’, creative environment. Our ideal candidate for this role will have operated in a similar standalone or advisory role in a dynamic and fast moving, creative team. You will have an innate ability to multitask, be a natural problem solver with the ability to think on your feet. You will report directly to our Chief Business Officer, with support from our external People consultant.
What you’ll do:
- As the first member of the People Team at RIXO you will be responsible for creating, implementing all generalist HR processes from scratch, from Payroll through to People Policies.
- Integrated within the business and its founders you will be a critical member of the RIXO family – Acting as a trusted, go-to advisor for all HR queries, supporting the team and coaching line managers with all people related plans and initiatives
- You will have full ownership of the recruitment lifecycle, partnering with our managers to bring high quality talent into the business – from headhunting through to scheduling interviews and managing the onboarding process.
- Innovative and creative, you will implement new and exciting ways to source a diverse range of candidates, including social networking, attending roadshows and hosting professional networking events
- Responsibility for all monthly people processes, ensuring that monthly changes are accurately captured through payroll and relevant documentation issued in a timely manner to deliver a seamless HR service
- Confidently and independently manage a variety of case work including complex investigation, disciplinary or grievance hearings through to flexible working requests, absence and performance issues whilst coaching line managers on the process.
- Lead on all employee engagement activity, ensuring that RIXO maintains a strong sense of culture and inclusive working environment, as we continue to grow
- Support managers and employees to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness and ensure support of organisational changes with effective planning and stakeholder management
- Assessing the needs of the business and partnering with the senior leadership team to propose and roll out any key strategic projects/initiatives that will continuously improve our employment proposition as we continue to grow e.g. Induction programme, Performance management, Employee Engagement Survey etc
- Be a protector and advocate for the RIXO brand in an extremely competitive market
Who you are:
- You are an experienced HR generalist with experience of operating in a rapidly growing, fast moving, startup-type organization – able to juggle ambiguity and create precedence where it may not already exist
- You have an understanding of current employment legislation and topical HR issues with experience of independently managing a range of Employee Relations cases
- You will possess knowledge in multiple areas of Recruitment methodology (Direct attraction of high-quality candidates, Interview and assessment design, passive hiring etc)
- You are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Solutions focused with a ‘can do’ attitude, never complacent and constantly looking for new and improved ways of doing things
- A high degree of integrity – delivery focused with your business area always in mind
- Exceptionally well organised and efficient, with a good dose of common sense
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business with a reputation for integrity and achieving results.
- Open to feedback with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of your work
- You are a conscientious team player, who meets challenges with humour and empathy
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work to challenging deadlines with changing priorities
- Able to handle confidential information and work with discretion
- Good knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Specific experience in the fashion / retail sector
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As a RIXO team member, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.