Pop Up Manager (Permanent)
RIXO is opening its next London pop-up this Autumn, and we are now looking for a permanent Pop Up Manager. You’ll first bring your extensive retail experience to implement a best-in-class sales, customer service and retail operations experience at our next London Pop Up, before leading our ongoing pop up programme. You’ll understand the service levels expected of a premium brand and be passionate about leading and developing your team to ensure all #HUMANSOFRIXO have a memorable in-store experience. You’ll have full accountability for the operational and KPI performance of the store and thrive on creating positive energy in store each day.
Our ideal leader will be passionate about RIXO whilst bringing a strong track record of developing customer-focussed selling teams in a premium or luxury fashion environment. You’ll also be fastidious when it comes to operational leadership, have experience liaising with multiple HQ stakeholders and be very proactive: you’ll often already have anticipated the task in hand and be on top of it before you’ve been asked. You’ll also take an interest in codifying and scaling operations and be excited to help our business scale beyond a single pop-up.
What you’ll do:
- Lead by example, playing an active role on the selling floor and ensuring every single visitor has a best-in-class customer experience in store
- Accountable for sales KPI’s for the store (Revenue, ATV, Conversion); defining team quantitative and qualitative goals and rewarding their achievement
- Analyse team results, verifying daily, weekly, monthly activities and using insight to optimise team performance
- Handle all local consumer queries in a professional manner
- Collaborate with HQ team & community manager to execute on-brand community event plan
- Act as an ambassador at all times and in all situations
Team Leadership & Development
- Identify, attract, recruit, and retain talented sales team
- Coach & develop team – understanding training needs, both product and selling
- Ensure team demonstrate high levels of product knowledge represent the brand well in the store
- Conduct regular training sessions to reinforce learning of the team ·
- Manage all rota & staffing needs, working with HQ team to match hours requirement to sales plan
- Ensure all paperwork and reporting is completed accurately and on time – daily, weekly and monthly as required
- Collaborate with central marketing team to refresh store VM & windows regularly
- Ensure the back of house areas are maintained to a high, and that the store is clean, neat and tidy at all times
- Be aware of all security and health and safety issues and requirements of the store and to ensure all staff are aware of the same
- Support and take responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls and inventory management
- Work with the HQ merchandising team to ensure stock levels are sufficient and monitored, conducting regular scheduled stock takes as required
- Bring knowledge of best-in-class retail operations process, documenting and codifying this for RIXO to ensure operations are scalable for future pop ups
- Communicate effectively a high level of commercial understanding about the store to the HQ team, and when the store performance dictates make fact-based recommendations to improve the business.
Who you are:
- You’ve got at least 5 to 7 years’ previous experience a premium fashion retail managerial position
- You’re available full time with an appetite to work flexibly: the role will include weekend work
- You’re highly motivated by hitting sales targets, with a proven track record of exceeding KPIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you know the difference between it’s and its and you’re confident interacting with people at all levels of the organisation
- You’re passionate about developing a team of high performing retail associates, taking the opportunity to coach and train the team at every turn
- You’ve demonstrated rockstar project management skills in a previous role
- You’re exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems and working closely with people, especially under pressure and managing multiple, and often conflicting, priorities at the same time.
- You’re as happy taking direction as you are using your own initiative
- You understand the nuances of life in a start-up and are happy to roll up your sleeves: no job is too big, or too small
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Experience in retail operations or a role working in close partnership with HQ teams
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As a RIXO team member, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.