Senior Management Accountant
RIXO is looking for a qualified Senior Accountant. We’re growing quickly, and now need an experienced accountant to lead our financial reporting function. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the preparation of RIXO’s financial accounts, and leadership of a growing finance team. You’ll blend hands-on execution with functional guidance and leadership, report directly into our Finance Director and work from our headquarters in West London.
The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated success in a dynamic, high growth environment at an established company and will be able to bring that expertise to RIXO
What you’ll do:
Financial Reporting & Control
- Ownership (with the support of growing finance team) of the month-end, quarterly and annual reporting functions
- Manage & execute standardised reporting and support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting processes
- Indirect and direct tax control and reporting including compliance with international tax regulations
Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, completion and review of required supporting schedules for the month end process, reconciliation of inter-company transactions and balances, stock, fixed and intangible asset management
Management of the audit process alongside the FD
- Finance team leadership: oversight of
- Credit Control
- Cash flow control and planning
- Accurate VAT reporting
- Support companywide ERP system implementation: migrating from QuickBooks to enterprise-grade software.
Finance Team Leadership
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Finance function
- Support and develop a growing finance team of part-qualified and post-qualified finance professionals
Who you are:
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified , with at least 3 years of post-qualified experience in the retail sector or fashion industry
- Consumer product goods, retail or e-commerce experience is required
- Highly meticulous, with an outstanding eye for detail;
- Advanced Excel, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives and senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain trust from leadership and peers
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Extremely proactive: you’ll often already have anticipated the task in hand and be on top of it before you’ve been asked.
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up
- Experience consolidating multiple international entities; or working with US entities
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.