RIXO is looking for a new Merchandiser to join our growing and vibrant Merchandising and Wholesale Team. Your role will be to support sales opportunities through optimising inventory availability and control. You will work in conjunction with the rest of the business, to trade global pot of stock across stores, e-com and to explore wholesale opportunities. Our ideal person will greet every challenge with enthusiasm, share your natural ability to juggle multiple tasks, be the calm amongst the storm and be very proactive.
What you’ll do:
- Support Merchandising Director in proposing seasonal budgets and building merchandising strategy by season, range, category and segment. To plan across all business channels (ecom/wholesale/retail) always driving the business objectives/mission.
- Provide support to the Merchandising Director in preparation for all meetings such as trade, quantity sign off and monthly trading packs.
- Review historical performance to support future product strategy, working closely with the Buying/Design team.
- To determine optimum stock targets, bearing in mind buffer stocks, pop-up requirements and lead times.
- To review pricing strategy, working closely with the Buyer to secure overall margin targets.
- To provide regular intake planning details to enable operations to plan resources effectively.
Managing Supply Chain & Critical Path
- Work with the quality, design and buying team to manage information for range plans in line with key Critical Path dates.
- Work with wholesale team to ensure sales order vs purchase orders are updated each week and to take action of any amendments.
- Have full visibility of stock and delivery dates.
- Confidently identify opportunities and risks and propose solutions.
- Work with Merchandising Director to maintain WSSI and left to sell.
- Use left to sell and WSSI to optimise availability and forward cover at channel and department level.
- Review both pop-up and SKU performance with Assistant Merchandiser.
- Support on Weekly & Seasonal Reporting & Analysis.
- Awareness of Product & Performance across channel.
Manages Self and Others
- Supports and shares best practice and knowledge with the rest of the merchandising team.
- Manages Assistant Merchandiser and takes roles of biggest supporter of career/personal development.
- Seeks opportunities and initiates own development.
- Dealing with daily enquires from all internal and external areas of the business.
Delivery of Results
- Understands and achieves business KPIs.
- Appropriately challenges ways of working in order to improve effectiveness and maximise results.
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of current stock management system.
- Be a key member of the new system implementation team – driving merchandising/allocating best practices.
- Be a key tester of new system taking detailed integrity checks as necessary to ensure the efficient running of the new system.
- Develop and maintain positive cross functional and external relationships.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers.
Who you are:
- You have prior experience as a Junior Merchandiser for at least 24 months with a high-end retailer or brand
- Systems/planning tools – ideally WSSI, data warehouse/cube, range plans
- You have excellent time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- You’re exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems and working closely with people.
- You’ve got a great attention to detail.
- You understand the nuances of life in a start-up and are happy to roll up your sleeves: no job is too big, or too small.
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up
- Experience with ERP systems such as Navison, Netsuite ect
- A background with working with Excel (Intermediate - Advanced)
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world – from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.