RIXO is looking for a passionate and personable Community Manager. Since our 2015 launch we have organically built a community of remarkable women in the UK and around the world who are passionate about RIXO, and now wish to actively engage with, nurture and support this community on a more regular basis. This is NOT a social media manager role, and although some engagement will be digital we believe IRL interaction is just as important. In this role, you’ll be responsible for growing and nurturing RIXO’s existing community base in the UK, and in international markets as we grow. You’ll get to know many of our customers, manage community focussed activities in London and regional UK cities, and scout and engage with community members and RIXO ambassadors. You will be one of the first members of our customer team and report to our co-Founder.
The ideal candidate for this role is already passionate about RIXO and has prior experience in customer-facing roles and/or managing events. You’ll espouse our RIXO values – savvy, real, curious, humble and positive, and ideally have prior experience of a start-up environment – with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and swim outside your lane when needed.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary face of community in the UK, hosting events, 1:1s, and directly engaging with our customers and more formal community members
- Research and recruit potential RIXO ambassadors for our first ambassador programme, and manage that programme once it launches
- Collaborate closely with our customer care team, being the voice of the customer internally
- Strategize more grassroots engagement and outreach tactics for new markets
- Ideate, build out and run our programme of community events
Who you are:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience- almost certainly in a customer-facing role
- Experience in community management
- Deep understanding of and passion for RIXO’s mission and existing community
- Good general understanding of wider marketing functions
- Expert in content creation and storytelling
- You’re passionate about company culture and genuinely care about the well-being of the team around you – be it the founders and executive team or an intern
- You’ve demonstrated rock star project management skills in a previous role
- Not afraid to suggest improvements to processes – We are a start-up and are learning along the way too!
- You’re exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems and working closely with people, especially under pressure and managing multiple, and often conflicting, priorities at the same time
- First-class written communication and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Goal-oriented without sacrificing an experimental and creative streak
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and go-getter attitude
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Additional European languages would be advantageous
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.