Marketing & E-Commerce Analyst
RIXO is looking for a highly commercial Marketing & E-Commerce Analyst. We’re growing quickly, and building a data-driven organisation; in this role you will be the first member of our insight team and have substantial opportunities for career development as our business grows. While the role will centre on marketing and e-commerce, your analysis will touch all aspects of the organisation including retail, operations, product, customer experience, and wholesale to provide actionable data-driven insights and influence the company’s analytics strategy. Insight drives RIXO’s decision-making process, and we need curious analysts to support that. You will work in cross-functional settings allowing you to have an impact across the organization whilst at the same time developing your skills on a daily basis, and report directly into our Chief Business Officer.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a highly numerate graduate from a top-tier university. You have since demonstrated success in a dynamic, high growth environment at an established company – and will be excited to bring that expertise to RIXO.
What you’ll do:
You have the analytical firepower to take advantage of rich data and answer important questions. Responsibilities include:
Insight & Analysis
- Partner with the e-commerce team to understand reporting requirements, building out both BAU reporting and business insight, as well as ad-hoc investigation / analysis, unearthing opportunities to drive sales
- Produce and present analysis around (but not limited to) online marketing channels, customer behaviour and life cycle, product performance and conversions, promotion impact, returns rates and causes
- Develop reports and provide insights to help marketers and business operators stay nimble. Create output that tells the story behind the data to non-technical team members so they can execute more effectively. Make recommendations to inform marketing, product and operational strategy
- Provide insights on marketing activity performance, informing marketing and content strategy development. Over time, you’ll define our multi-touch attribution model and provide recommendations to optimise the media mix and improve marketing spend effectiveness
- Maintain the tracking and tagging strategy, utilising Google Tag Manager
- Perform A/B testing of site functionality and page design, informing UX development
- Analyse on-site consumer journeys and funnels, to identify opportunities for revenue growth
- Own and execute ad hoc projects and analysis in support of revenue generating, cost saving or ROI-related initiatives
- Support the implementation of our data warehouse – defining all necessary business metrics and data structure to facilitate
Who you are:
- A highly numerate graduate from a top-tier university or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in analytical, insight-driving roles – in management consultancy, in-house in retail / e-commerce / FMCG, or both
- An instinctive story-teller: you thrive on uncovering the true insight in the data, knowing the right questions to ask to solve business problems, and communicating that insight and business impact eloquently to senior stakeholders to drive change in the business
- Consumer product goods, retail or e-commerce experience is required
- A keen analytical eye: you must possess excellent analytical and modelling skills with the ability to analyse raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Rockstar advanced Excel and modelling skills, with experience of other analysis platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker) a distinct plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives and senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain trust from leadership and peers
- Rigorously detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems when conventional methods are not available
- Self-starting: you are able to work independently and navigate ambiguity
- Extremely proactive: you’ll often already have anticipated the task in hand and be on top of it before you’ve been asked.
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up
- Advanced SQL query writing is a distinct plus
- Proficiency in data modelling best practices, and designing / building data pipelines
- Experience of Web technologies - Google Analytics, Tag Manager or alternative e-commerce analytics
- Experience of digital marketing platfoms
- Working knowledge of statistics
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.