Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
RIXO is looking for a highly commercial Financial Planning & Analysis Manager. We’re growing quickly, and now need a business partner to work alongside the founders and executive team to support our business planning and insight. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building and refining RIXO’s budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes across all channels – wholesale, retail and e-commerce. You will be in the heart of the action, helping the leadership team make decisions on a daily basis: by applying your analytical experience to bring true insight, you will have a strong foundation to extract, analyse, visualize and make sense of key data. You will work closely with the finance team, but also in cross-functional settings allowing you to have an impact across the organization whilst at the same time developing your skills on a daily basis. You will report into our Head of Finance and work from our headquarters in West London.
The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated success in a dynamic, high growth environment at an established company and will be able to bring that expertise to RIXO.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the annual budgeting, quarterly reforecasting, strategic planning and variance analysis processes, continuously seeking improvements to support RIXO as the size and complexity of our business grows
- Partner with Merchandising, Marketing and Design to develop and align on sales and margin forecasts based on business plans
- Partner closely with the executive team to support headcount planning, forecasting and organizational design to ensure we have the right resources to support our rapidly growing business
- Partner with Accounting and functional leads to manage & execute standardized reporting and support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting processes
- Take a key role in the exploration and integration of new planning tools
- Support the Executive team in the production of quarterly and ad hoc presentations for internal stakeholders
Insight & Analysis
- Collaborate with key partners to identify opportunities and improve business results by developing financial models for a range of potential strategic and operational cases
- Play a key role in the preparation of regular reporting packages, both internal and external. This includes both the analytics and the related story
- Develop and maintain relevant recurring reporting to support management accountability
- Design dashboards to provide transparency on business KPIs
- Own and execute ad hoc projects and analysis in support of revenue generating, cost saving or ROI-related initiatives
Who you are:
- 6+ years of experience, with at least 3+ in an FP&A or strategic finance role
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified; MBA a plus
- Consumer product goods, retail or e-commerce experience is required
- A keen analytical eye: you must possess excellent analytical and financial modelling skills with the ability to analyse raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Rockstar advanced Excel and financial modelling skills, and experience building integrated planning models from scratch (in Excel or other planning applications)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives and senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain trust from leadership and peers
- Rigorously detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems when conventional methods are not available
- Extremely proactive: you’ll often already have anticipated the task in hand and be on top of it before you’ve been asked.
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up
- Advanced SQL query writing is a plus
- Proficiency in data modelling best practices, and designing / building data pipelines
- Experience managing a data warehouse is a plus
- Web technologies, Web Analytics and Online Marketing
- Experience managing a team: we anticipate the team will grow as we do
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.