RIXO is looking for an experienced Garment Technologist. We are growing quickly, and now require a self-starting individual with in-depth knowledge of managing the garment creation process from design, fit approval through to final production and QC. RIXO require the establishment of a standardised fit, beautifully fitting and manufactured garments that stand out in the Women’s contemporary market.
Our ideal candidate will greet every challenge with enthusiasm and passion, and a desire to help create RIXO’s perfect fit, and contribute to our beautiful garments delighting customers worldwide. The role may be taken on either a 4 days weekly or full time basis.
What you’ll do:
- Execute the Designer’s vision by assisting on measurements for tech packs created by the design assistant, ensuring best fit and construction of new and existing styles and 1st sample through to gold seal.
- Work with RIXO sealed calico/paper blocks to develop new styles sketched by Designer.
- Work with E- comm team to develop accurate and clear fit guides and information for rixo.co.uk customers.
- Manage pre-production fittings and management of comments and size charts to suppliers
- To effectively communicate technical requirements and changes to internal/external teams during collection pre-production stage.
- Management of computer tech packs and data input – fit, construction comments and size charts.
- On-going review and development of quality/construction standards/ RIXO supplier manual
- Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement.
- Develop a workflow best practice from, Design spec right through to Production.
- Identification and management of risk attributes within garments.
- Management of fit meetings in collaboration with Designer to achieve required critical path.
- Management of sealing process for production handover.
Who you are:
- You've gained 7+ years of experience in garment technology and related roles
- You have proven ability and experience of apparel construction & fit for a high end market
- You have experience working with manufacturers
- You bring knowledge of testing and fabrics
- You know what best-in-class process looks like, and you're confident suggesting improvements to processes and suggesting and introducing new ones – We are a start up and are learning along the way too!
- MS office skills
- You’re exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems and working closely with people, especially under pressure and managing multiple, and often conflicting, priorities at the same time.
- You’re as happy taking direction as you are using your own initiative
- You're a clear and concise communicator - both written and verbal
- You're organised, efficient and experienced managing to critical path deadlines, and have demonstrated rock star project management skills in a previous role
- You genuinely care about the well-being of the team around you – be it the founders and executive team or an intern
- You’ve got a great attention to detail
- You understand the nuances of life in a start-up and are happy to roll up your sleeves when needed.
We'll give you bonus points for:
- Knowledge of and/or skilled in pattern cutting and grading
- Accessories and Swimwear experience favourable but not essential
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.