Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Lead People Partner, it is our role to uphold Rivian’s purpose and values while supporting initiatives for business units, leaders, and employees through a variety of Human Resources strategies, processes, and programs. This role will support our Engineering, Product, and R&D functions.
- Proactive partnership and coaching with business leaders on employee performance and engagement strategies.
- Collect and analyze data themes and effectively create and communicate strategies and solutions to the business.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to functional leaders on management, recruiting coaching, career development, disciplinary actions and employee relations.
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations and employees.
- Suggest and implement new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Human Resources. department and organization, and to improve employee experience.
- Prepares and facilitates employee separations.
- Develop, plan and execute employee engagement activities such as trainings and focus groups.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, off-boarding and investigations.
- Oversee the maintenance of human resources records including new hires, transfers, terminations, job changes, salary adjustments, etc.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding recruiting, benefits, payroll, compensation, and all other HR disciplines.
- Partners with Human Resources subject matter experts to effectively answer and resolve all complex inquiries and develop more effective programs and processes.
- In partnership with benefits, oversee the administration of leaves of absence, FMLA/STD/LTD, ADA, Workers Compensation to include documentation, reporting to third party, and communication to employee/manager.
- Support other Human Resources functions as needed.
- Other special project work as needed.
- 5+ years of Human Resources generalist experience. Exposure to Engineering, Product Development, and/or R&D client groups a plus.
- Familiar with working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to quickly communicate and prioritize competing needs of the business.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to translate complex issues into straightforward communications.
- Proficient knowledge of Human Resources, policy interpretations and legal requirements.
- Ability to compile information and analyze data to drive decision making.
- Possess a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise judgment in disclosing or withholding confidential information.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Four (4) year college or university degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $147,000 - 169,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.