Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position, you will be in support of the front line operations, providing assistance to our Service Parts Advisors and ensuring the Rivian Service Centers have all the parts they need, when and where they need, at the most effecting cost. You will be a leader in driving materials management strategies to better serve our customers. The opening will be on a hybrid model, flexing between in-office at our Irvine, CA facilities or Regional Rivian locations and working from home. This position reports directly to the Channel Planning Manager.
- Support the Channel Planning and Analytics strategic plan which will support better service levels with less inventory and optimized safety stocks
- Own master data and inventory parameters for Service Center materials to support stocking to meet the demand forecast, provide excellent fill rates, reduce down time, and deliver cost-efficient supply chain models
- Support development, launch, and continuous improvement of part inventory stocking models and strategies, part order replenishment generation logic, and distribution planning to meet our global SLAs
- Evaluate and analyze system outputs to ensure correct materials are being ordered, replenished, and available to support global service requirements. Focus on automation and controls to quickly identify errors to eliminate supply chain noise by modifying, removing, or adding orders to meet forecasted/unforecasted demand
- Coordinate and execute transactional movements of materials to optimize and reduce logistics costs (consolidation), meet SLAs (replenishment, transfer logic), and reduce global inventory costs
- Drive operational excellence and best practices across the network aimed at reducing costs and improving service levels such as replenishment order generation, Bill of distribution
- Collaborate with Service Field operations, Supply Chain Planning, Demand Planning, and other key partners to launch channel planning ensuring clarity around service level expectations, part allocation strategy, part availability, inventory refresh cycles, part consumption, and field performance
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
- Perform addition responsibilities as assigned
- 2-3 years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field preferred with emphasis in demand supply chain, materials management, distribution, or logistics
- BS/BA in Data Analytics, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field required
- MS or MBA preferred in related discipline
- Proficient in SAP, Advanced Excel, Tableau, SQL and Python (a plus)
- Experience with high volume ordering within a fast-paced distribution environment
- Collaborator with willingness to drive change
- Extensive knowledge/experience setting up and managing analytics-based performance tracking within supply chain
- Clear understanding of planning systems, warehouse management systems, establishing inventory levels, and integration/interdependencies across ERP systems
- Experience in leading teams with a proven track record of performance in an automotive/high-tech environment
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk or in collaborative spaces for 8-12 hours per day
- Ability to type on a keyboard and use a computer mouse
- Required to communicate using telephone, zoom, in-person meetings and email/chat
- Ability to view, read and interpret documents and IT systems
- Exposure to work environment: Ability to perform all duties in an office environment that may contain ambient noise and temperature fluctuations.
- Ability to travel locally in personal vehicle, regionally or nationally less than 20% of the time
Salary Rate for California Based Applicants: $85,000 to $98,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.