Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This position is responsible for supporting Rivian’s freight audit and payment processes with logistics carriers. You will be responsible for ensuring freight bill accuracy and on-time invoice payment for RIVIAN carrier network. You will support work with cross-functional teams including logistics operations (materials & finished vehicle), analytics, IT, finance, and procurement teams.
The ideal candidate understands various carrier pricing models for all modes and their respective contract rate applications with the ability to work effectively in a complex, ambiguous, and rapid change business environment. We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a demonstrated ability to independently resolve internal and external carrier related issues.
- Audit freight bills to ensure accuracy and verify amount charged by the carrier matches contracted rates in Transportation Management System (OTM).
- Review invoices for invalid charges (incorrect discounts, invalid accessorial charges, audit rule exceptions, and invalid rates) and recover revenue.
- Lead claims process and recovery of revenue
- Initiate root cause and corrective action for out-of-tolerance freight charges with carriers, operations and purchasing team members.
- Maintain regular and ongoing communications with carriers to ensure the timely receipt of all freight bills including supporting documentation, reconciliation, and resolution of all past due amounts.
- Coordinate rate and carrier compliance changes with cross functional teams.
- Identify process or systems enhancements which improve the overall efficiency and quality of invoicing & payment process.
- Attend and facilitate aging calls with carriers.
- Investigate and diagnose technical errors preventing invoice receival and/or payment between EDI, TMS, ERP systems.
- Support supplier vetting, selection processes (RFQs) through collaboration with the procurement organization and manage rate upload process.
- Assist in creating and maintaining standard operating procedures, best practices and leverage them in daily processes.
- Perform FAK (Freight All Kinds) analysis with the goal to assign single tariff classification for LTL related shipments.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years freight audit experience required, 3+ years transportation/logistics related experience preferred
- Ability to articulate ideas through strong presentation skills and excellent written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and IF statements)
- Experience working within SAP (S4 HANA) and/or OTM preferred
- Knowledge of AP and procurement functions
- Additional language speaking skills a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.