Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing and managing part level forecasts for your commodities to support driving optimal inventory levels at the Rivian Distribution Centers. You will have ownership of your specific forecast refresh, manage master data, analyze consumption data and work across teams to develop your overall demand plan. Executing monthly demand forecast in collaboration with: Material Planning, Service Engineering, Reliability, NPI, and other business partners. The Sr. Demand Planner will report directly to our off-vehicle Demand Planning Manager.
- Develop and execute the overall global demand forecast for your parts to enable Service and overall company objectives
- Collaborate with sales, supply chain, global distribution centers, engineering, and other partners to understand demand forecast drivers
- Assist Demand Planning Management with KPI & OKR development, analysis, and reporting
- Drive key KPI improvement activities (reducing forecast error and bias), improving customer service, reducing excess/obsolete inventory, to enable predictive performance and financial planning
- Ability to present recommendations & findings to peers, cross-functional partners, and organizational leaders
- Review historical consumption data, trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results to increase accuracy by removing bias
- Monitor performance vs the forecast throughout the month identifying key shifts. Participate in Lead monthly demand planning performance reviews to and partner with Inventory Analysts and Material Planning on strategic business changes to prevent excess/obsolete materials
- Maintain and leverage forecast and consumption analytics to drive collaborative inventory and risk reviews with partners to meet customer service improvements on your parts
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve your forecasts and the overall demand planning process
- Expected to work with autonomy with thoughtful and responsible decision making
- 3-5+ years of experience in in demand planning/supply planning
- BS in related discipline
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to develop processes & drive change
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding demand planning modeling, and overall supply chain operational process that may impact your demand planning model inputs
- Experience forecasting within an ERP (SAP preferred)
- Exceptional data analysis, quick turn analysis, advanced excel
- Process design experience, with proven ability to create, understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Required to communicate using telephone, zoom, slack, and/or email
- Ability to sit/stand for 8-12 hours per day
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $107,000 to $123,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.