Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Senior Accountant, you will ensure accurate standard costs and inventory valuation for all operation accounting sites. You will proactively implement solutions to ensure solid manufacturing processes and internal controls are in place.
- Investigate manufacturing cost variances and implement robust process solutions to eliminate recurring variances across our manufacturing sites
- This role will partner closely with the site finance leaders.
- Support day to day accounting and reporting activities
- Ensure accurate standard costs and inventory management across our manufacturing sites.
- Review Bills of Materials (BOM) & Routers and work with engineering and operations teams to correct BOMs and Routers
- Analyze Error and Obsolete (E&O) inventory to ensure we are properly reserved and provide leadership on ways to mitigate E&O going forward
- Ensure inventory is properly stated, internal controls are adequate, and implement process improvements where needed
- Exercise leadership over the Physical Inventory (PI) process including preparing the SAP system for PI and ensuring all transactions are properly completed for a clean beginning and ending inventory balance
- Work with the operations team to provide reporting and analytics and identify potential cost out opportunities
- Lead and understand impact of material economics changes for actuals, forecast and profit plan working with the supply chain management team
- Assists the Operational Controller with special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, with a concentration in Accounting, required
- CPA or CPA Eligibility required
- 5+ years of corporate accounting work experience or 3+ years of public accounting work experience preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable to change
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution
- An elevated understanding of the order to cash process
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and ERP/MRP systems; experience with SAP is a plus
Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.