Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As an Experience Specialist, you are the embodiment of the brand for our community. You will be at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and memorable moments that will encourage community members to connect with us time and time again. We are seeking engaging and enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for people, education, technology, and clean energy solutions. This role requires a high level of energy, initiative, and deep understanding of the customer journey. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach and thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a flexible and solution-oriented mindset. You are results driven and demonstrate an understanding of how each interaction supports the broader customer experience.
- Ensure customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture
- Deploy Rivian’s Sales and Customer Engagement strategy at your location, generating demand and connecting with the broader community
- Support commercial business objectives and brand initiatives, including demo drives, demand generation, lead generation, product deep-dives, gear demos, trip planning, and community events
- Embrace our customer engagement philosophy by promptly welcoming, engaging and educating customers, providing a positive and inclusive experience for everyone who visits; ensuring their needs are understood and met, and their expectations are exceeded
- Possess a high level of brand and product expertise, staying up to date on all required training and courses
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving all ROI targets, including lead generation, demand generation, and retention
- Tailor your approach to demo drives by uncovering customers’ needs and delivering a personalized experience
- Share your passion for adventure and stewardship, using your local knowledge to connect community members with outdoor venues, activities, eateries and beyond. Build the bond between the community and our brand
- Utilize your training, skills, and operational toolkit to solve customers’ product needs or questions, often working closely with the Customer Service and Guide Teams to create a seamless support conduit
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all tools, including POS (Point of Sale), CRM, and configuration resources and actively leverage these platforms to generate leads and enhance customer experience
- Seamlessly move customers through the ownership funnel, with the help of the digital commerce platform and CRM tools (including accessories and branded merchandise sales)
- Focus on building lasting relationships to increase customer retention, by sharing your passion for our product, community and culture
- Perform day to day operational duties, including event production and support, BOH upkeep, food & beverage support, shipping and receiving duties, general space upkeep, cleaning duties, and building or maintaining visual displays as necessary
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our community members and team
- Diligently record community member feedback and preferences and log all info and insights in the CRM tool, always paying close attention to customer sentiment
- Have a keen sense for visual merchandising and relentlessly uphold retail and vehicle presentation standards, ensuring our locations always look and feel premium
- Take on additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or by request from the retail leadership
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service required; field marketing, sales, education, or hospitality environment preferred
- At least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays; ability and willingness to travel based on business needs to support other market launches and operations
- Experience using POS and CRM software preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from) and possess an exceptional driving record
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period. Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in a full service retail center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics '
Salary range / Hourly Rate for Colorado Based Applicants: $25.95-29.35 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.