Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The EHS Specialist II will work as a local leader who knows how to influence and shape the culture of operations. You are comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders, influencing incredible teams as a conduit of support, and fostering inter-department communications for safety, health, and environmental matters. This position drives engagement through communication and educates team members to ensure a safe and healthy workplace. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement while working with team members to identify solutions to Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) challenges.
- Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety regulations.
- Effectively teach others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls.
- Identifying and minimizing Environmental, Health, and Safety risks and communicating critical tasks, as required, to essential business units.
- Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Support the development and implementation of routine inspections.
- Inspect workplaces to evaluate to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Identify risk and issue corrective actions, as needed.
- Support personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Conduct incident investigations to determine root causes and corrective actions.
- Assist in completing risk assessments.
- Assist in developing the management of change process.
- Support in development of job hazard assessments.
- Conduct safety training, as required.
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Between 1-3 years of demonstrated work experience relevant to the qualifications of this position is required
- Proficient knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Able to understand complex regulations and be able to communicate requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
- Great communication skills with a wide variety of personnel from various cultural backgrounds.
- Adaptable and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques.
- Understanding of incident and injury prevention programs.
- Experience implementing, training, and maintaining safety programs.
- Ability to work varied hours (emergencies, projects) with occasional travel (international & domestic).
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have knowledge of regulatory record keeping requirements.
- Competent skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Prefer SAP & Benchmark ESG knowledge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel, and drive a motor vehicle.
- Requires up to 10-50% travel for this role, domestic & international travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.