Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Data Visualization Specialist is a role where hands on experience designing, building, and deploying data visualization solutions is on platforms such as Tableau, and others are required. A successful candidate has a passion for working with our team to understand their needs, visual storytelling, and aggregating disparate data from multiple platforms to convey new business insights. This position brings and maintains in-depth knowledge on visual design and data modeling best practices within visualization tools, performance tuning, and deployment strategies, as well as how to leverage the wide range of data analytics solutions. Assess reporting needs and opportunities
- Be the primary point of contact for leadership, and stakeholders to understand their data visualization needs and take a user-centered approach to developing data visualizations, fielding questions and escalating issues as necessary
- Be comfortable with initial ambiguity in requirements gathering and offer solutions
- Help prepare for and attend business review meetings with the teams and stakeholders
- Transform datasets and quantitative analysis into compelling visuals.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and standard reports.
- Ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Design, create, analyze, and maintain low-to-high complexity data visualizations, reports, and dashboards (using tools such as Tableau, and Excel) to help decision makers answer questions
- Present results and reports to firm and client leadership
- Manage requirements gathering sessions and the process, including creating documentation and tracking progress in shared collaboration tools (e.g., Asana)
- Establish, communicate, and manage best practices for data visualization.
- Create and deliver end-user training and documentation on business intelligence deliverables
- Work Location: Normal, IL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management and/or Computer Science
- Experience in following business fields within Supply Chain: Material Planning, Logistics, Production Control, Packaging
- 3+ years of developing business insights using data visualization tools ( Tableau, Power BI, or other related tools)
- 1+ years experience with JIRA, Confluence and/or other project management and documentation tools
- 3+ of SQL, Python, and/or R
- Knowledge of data visualization best practices in performance tuning and user-centric design
- 3+ years’ Experience with data transformation tools (Alteryx, Knime)
- Advanced MS Excel
- Working or practical knowledge of automotive manufacturing, global supply chain and logistics for US-domestic as well as Europe & International markets
- Practical experience leading/managing collaborative projects with extremely complex/technical detail subject matter
- Experience with Automation/RPA would be beneficial, but not required
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and/or other project management and documentation tools is beneficial, but not required
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.