Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Responsible for establishing and expanding programmatic frameworks for budget and data management with a focus on facilities operations’ cost management and efficiency. The insights derived will guide operations and security managers, leadership, and stakeholders in making data-driven decisions, standardize operational spend, identify areas of opportunities/risks to drive strategy. This role will be the primary conduit between the Facilities Operations team, Security, FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis), Procurement, and Facilities Leadership.
- Collaborate with the Facilities Operations Managers, Security, Design and Construction, to establish operating budgets for all proposed sites in North America and Europe (Workplace, Manufacturing, Retail/Sales, Service, and Charging sites); these budgets will be included in the initial project approval budget.
- Manage up to date operational reporting and the department operating expenditure budget for all facilities globally, including but not limited to:
- Data collection, aggregation & analysis
- Develop forecasts. Track actual spend vs. forecasted spend.
- KPI development & tracking
- Facilities asset management & tracking
- PO submittal, management and invoice tracking
- Reporting and aligning metrics with Finance
- Collaborating with Procurement: prescriptive analysis to optimize deployment of resources
- With operational efficiency as the driving factor, provide insights in structuring of existing databases to ensure data integrity, early collection, & classification of data that will be required as the company scales.
- Work with the Facilities Analyst team to create dashboards (descriptive, predictive, & prescriptive analytics) for the purpose of cross-functional team alignment to drive continuous improvement. These dashboards should be created to support the Operations and Security Managers and displayed in a manner they can digest and utilize to make data-driven decisions.
- Advise and consult on cross-functional programs (e.g. Streamline suppliers and vendors across departments), facilitating relationships across teams & external partners to manage dependencies, minimize redundancies and optimize resources.
- Provide front-line, primary support to the Operations Managers, Security, Finance, and Procurement on various issues & problems relating to data & reporting. Lead training for all facilities employees on opex expectations: budget codes, budget forecasts, budget tracking, po creation, po policies, invoice approval, etc.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and present project-specific and/or department-specific insights.
- Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders across multiple functions and at all levels, both within and outside of the company.
- 8+ years of facilities, project management, and analytics experience.
- An analytical, creative, innovative, and problem-solving mindset.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and a business intelligence/analytics software such as: Microsoft Power BI or Tableau.
- Ability to create dashboards for c-level executives.
- Proven superior attention to detail.
- Self-starter who is goal oriented highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience managing small- and large-scale programs.
- Salary range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants: $163,000 - $188,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law)
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.