Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Purchasing professionals to keep Rivian’s engineered products on the road. In this role, the Purchasing Manager will be responsible for sourcing and managing Service components for R1T, R1S, and Electric Delivery Vehicles. As a Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the awarding of new business, developing strong supplier relationships, and working side by side with our engineering counterparts to push the envelope of our technical requirements. You will also take the lead in making sure Rivian can meet its cost targets, suppliers deliver to our aggressive timelines, and parts are received at the highest level of quality. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the sourcing process from start to finish and everything in between. This role reports to the Group Manager of the Chassis team within the Vehicle Team of Supply Chain Organization.
- Lead the strategic sourcing process for the Chassis commodity area
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of supplier quote submissions based on cost breakdown data and support it with should-costs
- Identify and implement cost reductions on prototype and series production products and services
- Actively manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Ensure that the product is matched to the right supplier and ensure the supplier is effective in delivering the product in collaboration with Engineering
- Optimize the product’s financial performance in collaboration with the Finance team
- Work closely with Program Management to track sourcing progress and execute product and vehicle build events
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Be a champion of good, fundamentally-sound execution across your team and the company
- You will be expected to ‘Go Big’ for your team to demonstrate how things get done
- Exhibiting the Rivian 101 in everything that you do
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement, engineering, or purchasing experience.
- 3+ years relevant experience with strategic sourcing of automotive commodities.
- 3+ years managing commercial business relationships with large suppliers in an Automotive, Electronics or high-volume manufacturing business.
- 5+ years MS Office
- MBA or master’s degree in related field
- 7+ years of procurement, purchasing, buying experience in the automotive industry
- Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results
- Comfort in working independently and in teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand Engineering and Design direction and provide focused supply-chain solutions accordingly
- Experience with automotive, electronic, or consumer products, and the design and manufacture thereof
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants:$107,000- $123,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.