Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Supply Chain Engineering professionals to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, the Supply Chain Engineer will be responsible for engineering end-to-end supply chain, logistics, and material flow processes from external warehouses to assembly line. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the engineering process, from concept design to successful implementation and everything in between.
- Development of large-scale supply chain and logistics processes from external warehouses to assembly line in partnership with production control, packaging planning, inbound logistics, factory design, and manufacturing engineering.
- Detailed process design including value-stream, logistics, routing, and warehouse design.
- Implement material flow equipment such as conveyors, EMS systems, AGVs, and ASRS systems.
- Develop models to analyze the cost, throughput, and space factors for part sequencing, material batching, intermediate storage locations, and other material flow strategies.
- Plan, manage, and communicate project schedule ensuring alignment to overall program milestones.
- Be responsible for and ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are achieved on all projects.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of supply chain or material flow engineering functional experience
- 3+ years of managing supply chain engineering teams
- 5+ years with data-based development of end-to-end supply chain, logistics, and/or material flow processes for high volume, high complexity production or logistics facilities.
- 3+ years’ experience in layout planning using 2D or 3D (AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.) design platforms.
- 1+ years’ experience with modeling or simulation software (Flexsim, AnyLogic, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience working with data visualization tools (MS PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results and properly communicate with leadership teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® or APICS CPIM/CSCP/CLTD certifications are a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution, Material Requirements Planning, Warehouse Management, or Yard Management (MES, MRP, WMS, YMS) systems is a plus
- Experience using Python for data analysis and/or workflow automation is a plus
- Ability to understand Engineering and Design direction and provide focused supply-chain solutions accordingly
- Experience with automotive, electronic, or consumer products, and the design and manufacture thereof
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.