Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Lead technical sourcing, commercial development, and industrialization of Rivian Capex Body Manufacturing Supply Chain, increasing internal build capabilities through smart, effective capex strategy creation and execution. This opening is located at our Palo Alto, CA facility and reports directly to the Group Manager of the CapEx Purchasing team within the Supply Chain Organization.
Managing industrial automation/equipment supplier development and strategic relationships:
- Identify technologies, suppliers, assess capabilities, and create sourcing plans with Rivian stakeholders.
- Build and maintain unique understanding of supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps.
- Lead strategic sourcing events, supplier interfacing, as well as dispute resolutions of complex manufacturing issues.
- Steer contractual negotiations with suppliers executing Purchase Agreements and Statement of Works.
- Support in timely and efficient Capex design, execution, and life cycle sustaining of new factories and equipment projects with manufacturing engineering partners and key cross-functional teams
- Drive cost and commercial value negotiations with detailed data and specific content based analysis.
- Manage supplier and tiered supplier performance using first principles approach and key performance metrics.
- Monitor capex spend forecast (totals and timing) and risk with Rivian Finance team, including internal guidance to improve.
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support program requirements, ensure adherence to build performance milestones and track progress.
- Communicate directly with senior leadership team on key strategic supplier and technology based decisions:
- Create should-cost models to build program budgets with cross-functional teams.
- Drive commercial and business decisions with leadership, including establishing technology investments roadmaps
- Expand and support planning of Rivian’s global CapEx supplier footprint.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing, operations, or supply chain.
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business.
- Managed commercial relationships in an Automotive, Electronics or a similar high-volume manufacturing business.
- Strong understanding of the technological and supplier landscape in Body or related manufacturing area
- Analytical skills, technical literacy, and attention to detail required to solve complex cross-functional issues.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, high level of integrity and emotional IQ.
- Experience working and managing projects globally, and flexibility to travel.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in multiple languages a bonus
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $147,000-$169,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.