Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The People Experience Guide is responsible for ensuring a positive employee experience through providing day-to-day support with pre-onboarding/pre-hire activities and with People Team-related policies and programs. The guide uses in person support and case management systems to interact with employees and track cases for trends, as well as assists employees in making effective use of self-service tools. They will also collaborate with cross-functional partners to provide feedback and support, escalate issues in a timely manner, and provide exceptional customer service to employees.
- Ensure a positive experience for employees by responding to inquiries and providing day-to-day support on People Team-related policies and programs.
- Use case management system to interact with employees to track cases for trends and ensure proper documentation.
- Help drive the content on processes and initiatives introduced by the People Team for the Open Access (self-service) knowledge base.
- Assists and encourage employees to make effective use of Open Access (i.e. Self-service), knowledge management, case management tool and any other People systems available to them in order to drive rapid resolution.
- Collaborate with the broader People Operations team, People Team COEs (Total Rewards, Recruiting, Talent Development), and the Business Partners and People partners to provide feedback and support.
- Partner with People Team, IT, Facilities, and other cross-functional partners to ensure the onboarding and off-boarding processes are delivering the right employee experience.
- Responsible for escalation of issues in a timely manner to ensure an effective employee experience while remaining engaged in resolving the issue.
- Ensure that all critical administrative transactions, like the I-9 or background check process, are accurate and handled in a timely and compliant manner.
- Provide exceptional service to questions and issues received from employees.
- Help maintain and audit employee personnel files.
- Provide support to overall People Team initiatives when necessary.
- This is an hourly, second shift position with a starting time of 11:00 am / 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm / 9:00 pm.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an HR support role, preferably in a shared services environment.
- General knowledge of HR functional areas and workflows.
- Experience with Workday and SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience with Remedy, Jira, ServiceNow, or similar case management systems strongly preferred.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality with sensitive data and conversations, and effectively work with employees at all levels of the company.
- Must be able to learn and apply quickly, as well as to dispense/share knowledge in a team environment.
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional, global business environment is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize, deliver on deadlines, problem solve, and multi-task.
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to research, compile, and present information and data.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.