Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Senior Commercial Accountant you will be responsible for managing the financial performance of the company's commercial operations, including analyzing sales data, forecasting revenue, and developing pricing strategies. you will also work closely with sales teams, marketing teams, and other departments to gather and analyze financial data, identify trends, and make recommendations for improving commercial performance.
- Perform procedures for posting and reconciling sales transactions, non-manufacturing cost of sales, inventory, and other areas for monthly financial and operational reporting
- Analyze margins and drivers to support decision making and insights for senior management
- Execute recurring tasks, journal entries, analyses, and reporting
- Perform monthly close procedures
- Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Rivian accounting policies
- Execute all commercial accounting processes, procedures, and related documentation in accordance with control requirements
- Actively communicate with assigned business units to review, analyze, and process transactions and reporting results
- Support in developing automation routines to efficiently capture, monitor, and account for various data flows
- Assist with process and systems transformations
- Furnish information and support for internal and external audit testing and tax preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, with a concentration in Accounting, required
- CPA required
- 5+ years of corporate accounting work experience or 3+ years of public accounting work experience preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable to change
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution
- An elevated understanding of the order to cash process
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and ERP/MRP systems; experience with SAP is a plus
Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.