Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Vehicle Line Director leads the vehicles on their platform from initial framing into mass production and sustaining over the life of the product. They will strategically lead the definition of the vehicles on the platform, their launch order, product positioning, profitability and investment, manufacturing location and market entry. They will indirectly lead across all business functions to ensuring Rivian has an industry leading portfolio of products through balancing features & attributes with profitability and time to market.
- Delivery of a vehicle program to quality, cost, timing and commercial requirements.
- Ensure effective decision making and risk management across all functions at Rivian.
- Alignment of product definition across vehicles on the platform including price, volume, and COGS targets.
- Creation and tracking of product lifecycle including concept, development, market entry plan, manufacturing locations, updates, and core supply strategies based on stakeholder inputs.
- Platform budget management across programs on the platform.
- Lead cross functional issue resolution and remove roadblocks internally and externally.
- Work in conjunction with Product Development leadership to drive world-class product capabilities at an accelerated pace, including aligning on technology roadmap integration into programs.
- On-site leadership at assembly plant, critical suppliers, key partners, or test sites wherever needed.
- Main escalation path to ELT for risk to program execution, responsible to ELT to bring product strategy to life
- 10+ years experience on a program management, with at least more than 2 product lifecycles.
- BS in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Masters Degree (Preferred)
- Launch experience on a vehicle program
- DRE experience
- Exposure to multiple functional areas
- Vehicle integration or calibration experience
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical systems.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants: $211,000.00 - $244,000.00 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental, and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.