Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As Resident Engineering Manager you will oversee a talented group of Resident Engineers at our manufacturing facility in Normal Illinois. In this role you will spearhead production for Body Exterior/interior systems and work with your time to Identify, contain and root cause various production issues.
- Lead launch activities and production ramp up of Body Exterior/Interior systems.
- Single point of contact for all the issues found on the builds and resolve, calling in support from cross functional DREs and Managers when required.
- Responsible for delivery of the Body Exterior/Interior engineering requirements from the prototype phase through to stable production.
- Lead Body Exterior/Interior Engineering with the plant team during launch, maintaining strong inter-departmental relationships amongst the other teams.
- Apply broad engineering knowledge and expertise to resolve problems during Prototype and Production builds.
- Ensure lessons from robust root cause actions are being driven back to core and advanced engineering teams.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in all areas of engineering management with a clear focus on quality, cost, and delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience delivering multiple vehicle programs to production, with specific experience in Body Exterior/Interior commodities
- Desire to lead cross functional teams to understand and resolve complex production concerns.
- Able to lead, drive, and solve complex problems, using advanced problem-solving techniques to determine containment, root cause analysis, countermeasure, and lessons learned.
- A strong understanding of the first-principles physics of Body Exterior/Interior components and subsystems – the loads, forces, overall function of the system and key attributes.
- CATIA V6, PC literate, and proficient with the use of MS Office products.
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.