Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
An Attribute Verification Engineer in Craftsmanship is responsible for identifying vehicle craftsmanship attributes as it relates to the visual perception of Illumination, interface alignment, joining, molding, paint, sheet metal quality. Haptic perception of comfort ergonomics and tactile Quality, Acoustic Sound Quality and Olfactic fragrance. Duties will include communication with cross functional teams to root cause and define successful solutions. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Craftmanship Audit in Normal, IL.
- Ensure Static and Dynamic attributes deliver to the highest level of Vehicle Craftsmanship referencing Optic, Haptic, Acoustic, and Olfactic senses
- Interact with engineering, manufacturing, and supplier quality to establish Root Cause Analysis and define trends
- Communicate and demonstrate Risk Analysis and avoidance through Cross Functional Team Collaboration
- Conduct daily audits and leadership status review
- Define enhancements to demerit target score
- Engage in competitive benchmarking
- Integrate and share solutions with Perceived Quality team
- Continuously improve quality audit processes and procedures
- Interface with cross functional teams on audit methodology and calibration
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision.
- Organize workflow and ensure that team members understand their duties and delegated tasks.
- Potential business travel to support product /process/system development at company locations.
- 4 Year Technical degree in one of the following Disciplines: Product Design, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or 1+ years experience working within an OEM Craftsmanship team
- Preferred 1+ years’ experience with Craftsmanship at an O.E.M or Tier 1 Supplier
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High aptitude for overall appearance / function
- Critical Eye for detail
- Knowledge in manufacturing / tooling processes
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations.
- 8D or similar method problem solving experience.
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
- Ability to utilize Jira Issue Resolution System
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Statistical process control / control charts.
- Good electronic communication software skills (MS Office, email, etc.).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.