Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Oversee corporate fixed asset month-end close activities including the review of journal entries, reconciliations, and trend analysis
- Assist with the compilation of and present analyses of activity overseen with upper management and executive leadership
- Work cross functionally with procurement, finance, and other relevant stakeholders to maintain strong fixed asset tracking and reporting
- Track and analyze costs related to long-term construction projects
- Act as the subject matter expert on all manufacturing fixed asset accounting, including, but not limited to, ASC 350 – Intangibles — Goodwill and Other, ASC 360 – Property, Plant, and Equipment, and ASC 842 - Leases
- Ensure reports and documentation comply with company SOX regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines
- Review, prepare and/or maintain support for external auditors in coordination with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Assist with SOX compliance by owning controls design documentation and evaluating controls as new systems are developed and/or processes change
- Continue to ask “why” we do things the way we do and bring your unique perspective to the table to continuously improve our current processes
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or finance is a must;
- CPA preferred, must have a minimum of 150-semester units required to sit for the CPA exam;
- 6+ years of relevant work experience; public accounting and/or industry
- Experience with advanced ERPs (preferably SAP)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas to cross-functional executive-level management
- Ability to be nimble and comfortable working in an agile environment
- Desire to develop, implement and maintain process improvements
- Ability to conquer the ambiguous – taking complex problems and breaking them down to create feasible solutions
- A good attitude with a focus on keeping life adventurous
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.