Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Commercial Accounting Team is responsible for the revenue, cost of sales, non-plant inventory, warranty, and related balance sheet accounts for all existing and future business units. The Commercial Accounting Team additionally has general oversight of each business unit’s P&L. The Commercial Accounting Team manages Rivian’s multiple business units by grouping them into the following categories – Consumer Vehicle, Commercial Vehicle, Services, and Charging & Energy.
The Commercial Accounting Team is building a scalable team and processes to meet exponential growth across all business units. The Commercial Accounting Team works at the forefront of many strategic business decisions and is required to collaborate with each business unit’s leadership.
The Commercial Accounting Services Team is specifically responsible for the accounting of our Service Centers, Partner Portal, and Certified Collision Centers. The Team is also responsible for the assurance-type warranties for all Rivian products (i.e. Vehicles, Adventure Accessories, Service Parts, and Chargers). Similarly, the Team is responsible for field service actions (Safety Recall, Customer Satisfaction Campaigns, and Technical Bulletins).
- Manage the Commercial Accounting Services Team;
- Responsible for domestic and international Services;
- Oversee inventory accounting and procedures for all service part inventory including standard costing, LCNRV, E&O reserves, and cycle counts;
- Enhance and develop Service Center B2B and B2C claim accounting (Customer Pay, Warranty, Field Service Actions, Last Mile, Goodwill, Internal Fleet, Vehicle Upfitment, Due Bills, etc.);
- Improve and develop warranty accounting procedures across all Vehicle, Adventure Accessories, Service Parts, and Chargers;
- Implement additional warranty accounting systems;
- Advise on enhancements to Service transactions;
- Bolster SOX procedures;
- Assist with international expansion of Services;
- Perform intercompany elimination investigation on service part sales;
- Work cross functionally with respective stakeholders’ leadership (Finance, Service Businesses, IT, Quality, etc.);
- Perform monthly close procedures;
- Furnish information and support for internal- and external-audit purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or finance is a must;
- CPA required;
- 3+ years of public accounting experience;
- 5+ years of inventory and/or warranty accounting work experience (Public or Private);
- SOX & public company exposure;
- Working knowledge of accounting systems;
- Strong oral/written communication skills;
- Advanced excel and data visualization skills;
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills;
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively;
- An attention to detail;
- Ability to be adaptable to change.
Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.