Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Senior Risk Consultant, Loss Control Specialist manages and develops loss control programs to ensure the safety of Rivian people, its property, and facilities in which they work. This role will oversee and develop loss control programs to improve Rivian’s hazard exposures. This role will conduct field risk engineering and loss control activities with Insurance engineering while working collaboratively with other risk management and safety functions including Facilities, Environmental, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Engineering. This role will champion risk management programs related to hazard identification, loss mitigation efforts as well as property preservation. The role will be filled at the Risk Engineering Consultant or Senior Risk Consultant level.
- Provide loss control consulting to ensure properties and operations meet local compliance and insurance requirements;
- Develop and implementing loss control programs that reduce loss and improve operations;
- Provide engineering support for facility design and construction;
- Provide assistance and insight while attending insurer risk consulting inspections and reviews;
- Develop cost effective and pragmatic solutions to insurer’s loss control recommendations;
- Perform field engineering services where necessary, primarily for larger locations;
- Deliver advanced property loss control services including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of cause/effect of major losses and property management programs;
- Assist in marketing risk transfer insurance programs for property, builder’s risk and construction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Occupational Health & Safety, or one of the Applied Sciences;
- 7+ years in the insurance industry providing loss control services;
- The following certifications are not required but beneficial: CSP, ASP, ARM, CRIS, CFPS, CHST, OHST, CFSM, CIH, PE, CFSP;
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local safety standards, regulations, and codes;
- Must meet state regulatory compliance qualifications, where applicable;
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property, Builder’s Risk, Auto Liability Coverages, and OCIPs and CCIPs, a plus;
- Experience with Construction, Property and Casualty Insurance, and various types of Risk Management exposures;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to work with a variety of internal and external contacts;
- Excellent time management skills & knowledge of computer programs, systems, and MS Office;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to provide training is a plus;
- Ability to observe insured operations and evaluate management practices to determine if safety issues and hazards affecting company risks and costs (i.e., insurance premiums, losses) ensuring all are adequately controlled.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.