Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are seeking a proven leader to help us scale the future of Electric Vehicle test drives & deliveries. The Delivery and Mobile Operations Manager will own the offsite mobile operations including planning, scheduling, hiring, training, and coordinating with other cross-functional managers to meet customer needs. You will drive optimization and efficiency through data, and process refinement. You will need to possess strong communication skills and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You are ready to climb (literal & figurative) mountains to deliver the best e-commerce experience on the planet.
- Responsible for overall performance of location and market delivering on financial, operational and customer experience KPIs
- Responsible for demonstrating a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way. Cultivate a customer-centric and engaged team
- Responsible for managing DOT compliance of regulated vehicles at assigned Service Center(s) including vehicle maintenance, driver qualification, hours of service regulations, and following up on safety and DOT compliance concerns.
- Complete all tasks and skilled work that Delivery Operations fulfills; will jump in and be “hands on” to support completion of work and meet targets
- Effectively plan by using reporting and forecasting to set and adjust schedules and pivot resources as needed to meet customer demand
- Provide training and development to associates; develop and promote talent through effective and timely feedback and consistent performance reviews
- Enforce high standards in process execution through daily business reviews, observations, and feedback
- Organize work of others and collaborates with other teams to create SOPs and workflow documentation to support organizational goals
- Identify, refine and develop team goals and KPIs; analyze data and reports to make sound decisions
- Enforce high fidelity in document execution to prevent errors and safeguard revenue
- Work with senior leadership on process creation and strategy as targets and volume scale with business growth
- Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Create and manage multiple schedules
- Communicates priorities to Delivery Operations group, external teams, and senior leadership
- A collaborator who develops and maintains relationships across the organization
- Be a “how” thinker with a customer centric mentality
- Be an agent of change that owns effective communication of company messages; ensures that the entire team is kept informed of the vision of our business
- Organize and prioritize work effectively for themselves and others
- 5+ years of Operations Management experience in a customer centric organization; previous experience with EV or Auto Ecommerce a plus
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with computers and software including Microsoft Office, and ability to effectively navigate internal business platforms
- Knowledge in managing DOT regulated workforce or previous experience with EV or Auto Ecommerce a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from) and possess an exceptional driving record
- Commercial driving experience preferred; Commercial Driver's License (CDL) not required
- Ability to complete driver training/car-hauling training and a road test within the first 30 days of employment which may include winching (training provided)
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a notary license (Within the first 90 days of employment) in the state of your assigned work location
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays; Ability and willingness to travel based on business needs to support other market launches and operations
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period. Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in an active service center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting or standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics
Salary Range for Colorado Based Applicants: $144,000 - 166,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.