Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Managing NPI Change Management is a cross functional role that ties together product development and operations organizations to effectively coordinate Engineering change requests in the manufacturing environment. This manager leads all engineering change management in operations, you will collaborate with the design engineering, supply chain, manufacturing engineering and production operations to ensure change is managed in a controlled environment during first build prototype vehicles and then continuing through to series production Operations functions are ready to execute change.
- You shall Lead a team of NPI change managers structured by engineering system and product line
- You shall champion change management through Rivian’s production facilities providing a platform for change readiness reviews and environment that ensures all downstream parties are prepared for the change or newly to be introduced product
- As part of the NPI Organization this role shall encompass supporting the end-to-end process of change and launches across all vehicle lines and engineering systems - ensuring material, system, and plant readiness
- In this role within NPI, you will collaborate with supply chain, operations, manufacturing engineering, launch, and vehicle line teams to ensure the readiness status for the product introduction
- You shall be focused on ensuring the data sets within our ERP and MES systems can support the commencing of manufacturing, you shall clearly communicate department/program change status up to exec level
- You shall lead the development of metrics and KPIs to evaluate readiness for change and overall performance, you shall use the KPI’s to ensure gap closure in systematic data.
- You will act as a champion for the Development of tools for team to improve change management process for the business
- The role will require the need to be cognizant of data flows, from PLM to ERP (SAP) and ERP to MES, and to react to metrics which identify misalignment of data and/or project content
- You will manage all direct reports, develop job duties for all direct reports, monitor and feedback all direct reports on a quarterly basis as part of the Rivian recharge process
- Bachelors in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree Preferred
- 5+ Years automotive experience required in an NPI environment / leadership position
- Experience with Engineering Design Changes, Manufacturing process and Supply Chain in a relevant field
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “ERP” software such as SAP
- Intermediate or above knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skill
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Ability to create and present summary reports
- Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.