Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian Insurance Advisors are the face of the Rivian Agency and play an integral part in our customers' journey. They help customers assess their insurance needs, offer tailored policies, and support them for the life of their policy, and beyond. Our Insurance Advisors are natural rapport builders who get fulfillment through connecting with and helping others. They have a sixth sense for interpreting customer concerns and a passion for creating solutions.
Rivian Advisors remain calm under pressure and thrive on the challenge of operating at a startup within a startup. They will create fiercely loyal customers by going above and beyond and empower the Rivian Agency to drive (see what we did there?!) customer satisfaction that far exceeds industry benchmarks.
- Create solutions that address insurance issues in our new world of connected cars and autonomous driving.
- Build lifelong relationships with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Provide insurance quotes in a way that allow owners to make up their minds in a low-pressure sales environment.
- Create, maintain, and manage operational processes, constantly search for ways to improve customer experience and increase the efficiency of digital and manual processes
- Interact with carrier partners as the customer’s advocate
- Document critical processes and procedures to ensure quality and compliance
- Act as the subject matter expert for customer facing Rivian teams on all things insurance
- Meet or exceed team and individual Key Performance Indicators
- Fanatically monitor and reply to product feedback and questions via phone, email, SMS, and chat.
- Provide customer service that transforms Rivian customers into brand evangelists by addressing customer concerns, creating solutions, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Contribute to the process and product information in the team's Knowledge Base and training materials.
- Pay attention to (but don't live and die by) service level guidelines and targets.
- Remain flexible and levelheaded during process and product changes
- Must be an experienced Insurance Agent - managing a book of business, writing & selling policies, etc.
- 3+ years of proven sales and customer experience background in P&C or commercial insurance.
- An active resident P&C insurance license - the more states the better!
- Strong active listening skills; you're the person who can filter the fluff out of a conversation and highlight the important points.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate complex topics over the phone and written in chats and emails.
- Familiarity with common CRM & policy administration tools and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient in adverse times.
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the business without affecting the customer experience.
- BA/BS in Business, Communication, or relevant work experience.
- Willing and able to work non-standard hours. Weekends, nights, and holiday coverage will be required.
- Humility -We're a tight knit group working extensive hours, so a tactful sense of humor is key!
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.