Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This position is for an immediate need at University of Illinois' Research Park, working as a Rivian employee on Rivian projects.
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term with an expected graduation date between Fall 2023 through Fall 2025.
Are you ready to join Rivian’s Electrical Hardware team? We are seeking an intern to assist the Embedded Platform Software team in a special project to develop and test Linux, ROTS and firmware device driver.
- Be part of a world-class team to develop Embedded Platform Software for Rivian Autonomous Driving platform.
- Strong coding experience with C/C++ and/or Python.
- Good understanding of Linux device driver and Kernel architecture.
- Any development experience in this domain is a plus Knowledge of embedded system and RTOS is a plus Excellent understanding of computer architecture
- Enrolled in a Doctorate Program in Computer Engineering. Phd candidates with an emphasis in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, preferred.
- 2+ years of C++, C, Python experience required.
- Understanding of linux device driver and kernel architecture, required.
- Knowledge of embedded system and RTOS, required.
- Excellent understanding of computer architecture, required.
- Any development experience in embedded platform softwares is a plus.
- Must be located in Champaign, IL
- Must be available for 10-20 hours per week in the Spring and Fall semesters, and 40 hours in the Summer
- The internship is likely to start around March/April 2023
- Must be available for weekly task status update meetings, and monthly project status update calls
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.