Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for overdelivering on the internal and external customer experience at our service locations. The ideal candidate will possess the technical acumen and the ability to provide a strong level of customer service. If you're able to think quickly on your feet, have a go-getter attitude, possess great communication skills, and have a passion for adventure, then we want you on the team. You will be working with our internal partners every day to assist with service needs and coordinate with our Service, Vehicle and Delivery Operations, and Field Service Engineer teams. This role will require a dynamic and resourceful leader with excellent oral and written communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement to support Service teams and customers within a Service center. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach, thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a creative and flexible mindset. Experience in automotive, process standardization, continuous improvement, and managing escalations is a plus.
- Initially help support pre-production vehicle builds, including assisting cross functional teams
- Travel to locations to support as required until the local Service Center opens, including but not limited to, production plant
- Operate remotely until the local service center opens, if applicable
- Follow Rivian repair procedures with efficiency without compromising quality and safety
- Perform or assist with assigned diagnosis, repairs, installations, and inspections on vehicles
- Assist or support vehicle repairs in a setting outside of a service center
- Conduct road tests on vehicles to ensure quality of the repair
- Perform necessary parts operations such as parts ordering, receiving, shipping and inventory
- Stay up to date with technical skills and required training
- Support campaigns and containment initiatives
- Maintain and process accurate expense reporting as needed
- Maintain high quality work and efficiency while working with little supervision
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Provide service support to the field to support the Service organization
- Ability to perform duties and communicate with a high level of professionalism, in a customer facing environment
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum age of 21
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5 year period)
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Graduated from an accredited automotive repair school preferred
- 5 or more years’ experience in a traditional automotive repair shop preferred
- Proficient in using hand tools and power tools
- Proficient in navigating a laptop or computer in a windows or Mac environment
- Know basics of diagnosis and workflows
- Able to read electrical schematics
- Limited Diagnostic exposure
- Understands how high voltage and low voltage electricity works (basic electricity theory)
- Able to perform tire repair and vehicle alignment
- Some hybrid repair background is a plus
- Can diagnose and explain basic vehicle electronic communications like the CAN Bus system
- Ability to drive non-commercial truck and trailer preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, or as needed
- Parts department and billing experience preferred
- Experience using a work order management system including repair documentation
- Experience working in start-up environments preferred
- Exhibits patience and eagerness to learn
- Remains positive when dealing with difficult situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with attention to detail
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Ability to read and speak fluent English.
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics.
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 40 hours a week, including weekends and holidays, according to business need. Shifts may include evening, overnight, or early morning hours
Salary Range for Washington Based Applicants: $31.25 - $36.06/hr (actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.