Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Tool and Die technician is an important component of our skilled trades program at Rivian. They ensure our Tooling and Production equipment meets the needs of our teams and runs smoothly and efficiently. Uses tools and dies to build fixtures; creates dies as required. Repairs dies, molds, and tools when needed; disassembles molds, jigs, tools, and fixtures, then reassembles when repaired.
- Perform preventive maintenance on Thermoplastic Injection, Slush and Monofoam Tooling, and/or Automotive Stamping Dies.
- Troubleshoot Tooling and/or Stamping Process issues
- Troubleshoot Processing issues
- Perform Mold and/or Die Repairs and Engineering Changes that include welding and hand finishing
- Make replacement components for both Tooling and Production Equipment
- Use of mobile equipment (Crane, Fork Truck, and Tugger)
- Perform basic Administrative Duties including computer data entry and ordering parts
- Ability to work any shift
- Completion of Tool & Die or Mold making training program or relevant work experience
- Understanding of Thermoplastic Injection Molding and/or Progressive Stamping process
- Experience with standard Tool Room Machines
- 5 year Mold and/or Die Repair or Mold Making experience
- Proficient in working complex Three Dimensional surfaces
- Experience working with Class-A auto parts (preferred)
- Tig Welding experience
- Arc Welding experience
- Ability to read blue prints
- Injection Molding Processing experience
- CNC Machining experience with G-code programming capability
- Microsoft Office literate
- Ability to alternate between sitting, standing, and walking 8-12 hours per day.
- Ability to climb steps to access workstations and machines.
- Lifting/carrying (materials, tools, and equipment) up to 20 lbs., pushing/pulling with a force of up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and manipulate materials, tools, and equipment.
- Able to positions one’s body to access in and around dies. (bending/squatting/stooping/kneeling/reaching below waist and above shoulder)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.