Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
You will be responsible for the daily operations and management of Rivian’s internal fleet of vehicles, including vehicles used for our engineering operation, including production vehicles, prototypes, and competitive benchmark vehicles.
This is a fast-paced, dynamic role which requires a solution-oriented personality and a willingness to stay open-minded and adapt to quickly changing business needs. Success in your core duties means you will need to be able to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously while maintaining excellent organization and record keeping. You will also need the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to convey vehicle status, provide education on policies, and manage expectations.
- Coordinate the daily operations and management of the internal fleet of vehicles for designated fleets within North America
- Serve as key player for designated fleet including setting schedules, prioritizing vehicle workflows, requesting resources, and coordinating work efforts with stakeholders.
- Utilize physical and digital tools to ensure all record keeping relating to the fleet are accurate by managing inventory birth-to-grave, auditing digital records, ensuring data integrity.
- Ensure compliance with all policies including auditing vehicles, license plates, and other supporting documentation.
- Provide oversight and communication of Fleet Vehicle Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for onboarding new vehicles into the fleet including plating, registration, shipment, and timely activation
- Responsible for de-fleeting and disposition of fleet vehicles, including precise data-entry steps and follow through
- Manage vehicle health status including execution of Over-The-Air software updates
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs with Service Organization
- Coordinate transportation of fleet vehicles between locations
- Conduct periodic physical inventory audits
- Provide fast-acting support of escalations to ensure customer satisfaction and operations readiness.
- Collaborate and build relationships with cross functional teams
- Associates Degree or above or equivalent related work experience.
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License and a safe driving record.
- 2+ years of experience coordinating business operations in a complex environment.
- Ability to think flexibly, complete appropriate documentation with excellent attention to detail, and improve processes.
- Complete assignments with a high level of accuracy and embrace ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment that changes constantly.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to work outside occasionally as needed to be hands on in addressing vehicle needs.
- Flexibility to work based on the demands of the business, which may require occasional evenings, nights or weekends.
- Some travel may be required (up to 10%).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.