Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Service Advisor will be responsible for overdelivering on the customer experience at our service locations. The ideal candidate will possess the technical acumen and the ability to provide a strong level of customer service. If you're able to think quickly on your feet, love to solve operational problems, have exceptional people skills, and have a passion for adventure, then we want you on the team. You will be front and center working with our customers every day to assist with service needs and coordinate with our Operations, Call Center, Retail, and Marketing teams. This role will require a dynamic and resourceful leader with excellent communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement to support Service teams and customers within a Service center. Experience in training, process standardization, continuous improvement, and managing escalations is a plus.
- Promote team member understanding of company vision and goals.
- Actively supports management in the planning and execution of the launch of Service centers
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure learning effectiveness
- Encourages team members to deliver a top-notch customer experience. Works every day to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Answer phone calls, emails, and drive-ins to address any customer concern with the highest level of response and attention
- Responds thoughtfully to customer inquiries and escalated operational failures in a timely fashion. Apply sound problem-solving skills in order to maintain a high standard of quality to our customers
- Translate customer-reported service-related problems to actionable work orders for technicians to complete
- Determine if a technical solution can be resolved over the phone; perform detailed daily record keeping in the operating system
- Communicate estimated completion time, regular updates, and follow through on each customer vehicle
- Inspect vehicles before each customer delivery to ensure vehicles services and/or repairs are performed correctly
- Coordinate and communicate the details of every vehicle with each customer prior to delivery
- Analyzes service lapses that impact customer experience and work with supervisor to ameliorate
- Administer new and used vehicle warranty repairs in accordance with manufacturer warranty guidelines
- Meet requirements of the state and federal law for automobile repair and consumer protection
- Lead continuous improvement activities as needed
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures. Assist in the development of standardized work
- Communicate best practices, problem resolution and performance data to Supervisor and boundary partners as needed
- Maintain a high-quality relationship with all departments within the organization
- Support and participate in initial Launch activities for setting up SC locations and model change activities
- May perform other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a customer facing role or similar in the Automotive industry (Automotive experience preferred but not required)
- OR, a combination of education and experience.
- Very strong communication skills
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions. Exhibits patience, empathy, attention to detail, and a passion for problem-solving
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality, excellent customer service skills, and able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to translate customer needs
- Basic mathematics skills to prepare and transact estimates and payments
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting or standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Ability to read and speak fluent English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics.
- Minimum age of 21
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 40 hours a week, including weekends and holidays, according to business need. Shifts may include evening, overnight, or early morning hours
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5year period)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.