Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Parts Advisor will be responsible for overdelivering on the internal customer experience at our service locations. The ideal candidate requires high levels of focus and initiative, deep understanding of service processes, go-getter attitude, great communication skills, and cross-team collaboration. If you're able to think quickly on your feet, love to solve operational problems, possess high level of organization and attention to detail, and have a passion for adventure, then we want you on the team. You will be working with our internal partners every day to assist with service needs and coordinate with our Regional Parts Specialists, Technicians, Advisors, and local Management. This role will require a dynamic and resourceful leader with excellent communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement to support Service teams and customers within a Service center. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach, thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a creative and flexible mindset. Experience in parts management, process standardization, continuous improvement, and managing escalations is a plus.
- Demonstrate and execute the warranty return process
- Understand, explain, and execute the shipping process and how to package parts before final shipment
- Understand what channel planning is, and understand how channel planning works
- Understand, explain, and execute indirect purchasing through Coupa
- Understand and explain KPI's and metrics and their significance
- Identify and resolve common discrepancies in parts procurement, review for human error transactions and collaborate to improve processes and learn
- Comfortably communicates with technicians and leads to promote clear communication channels. Calls and/or participates in huddles to collaborate on best and efficient ways to take care of our customers
- Identify and order the correct part needed for any repair
- Source or look up and understand parts assemblies / subassemblies
- Physically and systematically receive parts and/or allocate back orders
- Physically and systematically BIN parts
- Understand, execute and explain the Rivian BIN scheme
- Identify damages, shortages, overages, incorrect parts, and no stock
- Utilize and navigate the following programs and documentation - SharePoint, Warranty Manual, Write It Right and Rivian's proprietary systems
- Demonstrate and execute daily counts and understand the intended use of the tool
- Understand, execute and able to explain pre pulling parts for upcoming appointments.
- Understands all pay types (Goodwill, Customer Pay, Internal, etc.) and use cases
- The ability and willingness to learn and gain an understanding of Rivian's maintenance scheduling
- Explain services and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Utilize a forklift in required areas for transporting and organization of parts
- The ability and willingness to learn about Rivian's safety requirements
- List and explain the 5S stages and methodology
- Provide exceptional service to all customers using Rivian Guiding Principles
- Ability to prepare and disseminate effectively organized and coherent business communication while practicing established business norms.
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Exhibits patience, empathy, attention to detail, and a passion for problem-solving. Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality, excellent customer service skills, and able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Basic mathematic skills to prepare and transact estimates and payments
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting for 8 or more hours in a day, standing for up to two hours at a time for 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 85 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Ability to read and speak fluent English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics.
- Minimum age of 21
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 40 hours a week, including weekends and holidays, according to business need. Shifts may include evening, overnight, or early morning hours
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- 2 – 3 years in a Customer Facing Service role, material handling / inventory management or equivalent. Experience in a Fast-Paced Environment or a equivalent combination of education and experience.
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5year period)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.