Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This role is for a Senior Advanced Product Quality Engineer that has experience in Product Development and Vehicle Launch. As a Staff Advanced Product Quality Engineer, you will provide value where Rivian needs are across the organization by applying quality principles and best practices to help drive and achieve results to improve over all build quality of Rivian vehicles. Support Design Validation Builds; ensuring issue identified in early builds are root caused with appropriate countermeasures. You will be the liaison between the Prototype Shop and Design to triage complex issues impacting quality and throughput. Helping the team understand contributions; and pulling the cross functional teams into deep dive investigations to drive permanent corrective actions. This role will report to the Sr. BIW Quality Manager in Irvine, CA.
- Establish strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels to deliver with exceptional quality
- Determine, track, and deliver key system KPI’s
- Demonstrate system capability through application of statistical analysis of attribute and variable data
- Train, coach and develop employees to exceed our customer’s expectations for overall quality and vehicle craftsmanship
- Participate in Design Reviews (Work with DRE to mitigate risks for manufacturing and assembly – ensuring we are adhering to internal standards/industry standards/best practices).
- Ensure product and process designs deliver high levels of capability. Participate in NUDD’s analysis and DFEMA creation.
- Support Design Validation Builds - Ensure issues are documented for resolution.
- Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and devise risk mitigation solutions by leading cross functional teams.
- Lead both internal and external SCIA implementation by ensuring characteristics are defined on CAD releases and are accounted for within process controls in both line development and supplier development.
- Support PQ/DQ to ensure we can hit PQ targets/Vehicle Dynamic Characteristics for SOP.
- Support Body Exterior Engineering Cube Development
- Collate, organize, Quality Concerns and present lessons learned to share with Product Development Team.
- Participate in NUDD’s analysis and DFEMA creation.
- SCIA implementation (Special Characteristics Information & Agreement - Ensure characteristics are defined on drawings (Design Controls) and cascade to SCIA with agreed upon Process Controls with ME).
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing) or similar technical degree required.
- Strong statistical and problem-solving capability
- At least 3 years’ experience with New Product and Process Development, or Product Launch at OEM or Tier 1 would be preferred
- Strong understanding of body structure and body constructions including understanding of dimensional fit up and joining methods
- Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $116,000 - $133,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.