Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Be a passionate champion of our mission, Compass Values, culture and ensure the channels and systems we use and actions we take are meaningful and support our employees.
- Evaluate internal communication tool effectiveness (Intranet, Slack, Outlook/Staffbase, Digital Screens, Apps, Websites, etc.) through data and use cases that grow and evolve the entire digital comms ecosystem.
- Support and manage the strategy and content architecture of internal employee digital communication channels to meet business goals and create a frictionless user experience.
- Understand various employee digital communication needs across manufacturing, field, engineering, remote employees, international, etc.
- Stay current on vendors and technology innovation and map them to opportunities that scale and meet user and business needs.
- Develop and monitor the key metrics and performance indicators and other digital touch points to ensure they deliver on intended business outcomes and identify solutions if not.
- Partner closely with IT and People teams to act as a key point of contact on the intake and evaluation of digital communication requests and changes; provide information, documentation and guidance on scope, business value and prioritization. Design effective change management approaches in partnership with the teams.
- Support communications for outages, triage or major impacts/changes to digital communication tools across the company.
- Support intranet platform, partnering with content owners to develop and design pages aligned to best practices and brand/style guidelines
- 8+ years of experience in internal communications; experience in corporate, tech or manufacturing environment a plus
- 5+ years working in CMS; experience with HTML a plus
- Ability to quickly grasp technical language and information to create clear communications and experiences
- Strong team-oriented mindset, able to embrace flexible work across time zones and collaborate to get the work done
- Strong interpersonal communicator with partners at all levels to successfully drive projects to completion within tight deadlines
- Ability to work with colleagues across organizational and cultural boundaries to ensure successful execution
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality is a must
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Woking, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $168,000 - $193,000/yr (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.