Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This role is responsible for supporting the EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) system as well as all EPM-related enhancements, upgrades, or new future implementation. The job responsibilities span 3 major areas in Enterprise Performance Management (EPM):
- MEC (Month End Close): Support the population of actual data (GL actual & headcount) as the month is closed in ERP
- Forecast Support: Support the forecast cycles and develop enhancements in the EPM as driven by business needs
- Special Projects: Ongoing efforts to streamline business processes and systems, including interfaces with teams and systems outside of EPM such as the dashboard team, the data warehouse team, the SAP support team, or the Workday HR support team
- Month-End-Close Support
- Load GL actuals from ERP (SAP) into EPM & tie out to the Trial Balance following the Accounting close schedule
- Load actual personnel (HC, salary) data from Workday into EPM after a calendar month is over & ensure tie-out to the published headcount dashboard
- Collaborate with FP&A on any special needs, e.g., any disconnects between ERP (SAP) and EPM (Adaptive Insights)
- Forecast Support
- Coordinate forecast version opening/lock with Corporate FP&A
- Respond to any urgent tickets: bug fixes, dimension updates, formula updates, etc.
- Assist with business special needs (e.g., load the beginning balances of inventory accounts, etc.)
- Special Projects
- Partner with teams beyond EPM to identify & lead effort to develop major or minor system improvements to improve system performance and process efficiency, e.g., data integration into Redshift, sourcing data from Redshift, etc.
- Lead new future system implementation (project EPM 3.0)
- Deep hands-on experience & familiarity with Adaptive Workday (our current EPM)
- Experience with SQL a big plus
- Experience with data-transformation tools (PowerQuery, Tableau Prep, Alteryx, etc.)
- Critical eye for finding opportunities for process efficiency in day-to-day processes (data load, master data updates, etc.) either through automation or process improvements
- Extreme attention to detail (the “how”), but also ability to see the big picture (the “why”)
- Patient and comfortable in a “start-up-like” environment where most systems and processes are still in early stages of development and priorities can change on a short notice
- Ability to tailor communications on technical solutions to different audiences (non-technical business partners v. technical IT type)
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting, or Computer Science, mathematics, or software engineering preferred
- Minimum 4 years of system-focused experience in Finance, Accounting, or financial-systems development and support
- Salary range for Palo Alto, CA based applicants: $147,000 - $169,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law)
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.