Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Future Programs team exists to expand the definition of Electric Adventure Vehicle with new product and ecosystem solutions. We are specifically focused on addressing local transportation and the outsized impact towards Keeping the World Adventurous Forever that comes with disrupting short, high emission trips.
- Be the technically responsible individual for the development of mechanical and electromechanical securing/theft prevention mechanisms as well as electrical charging interfaces for future Rivian light vehicle products.
- Directly responsible for end to end success of the features from prototyping though production launch
- Perform hands on mechanical, electrical design and release duties as well as write requirements, specifications, test plans
- Coordinate industrial design and engineering design activities spanning mechanical, electrical, tactile performance, user experience, durability and cost
- Manage outside engineering services; contract manufacturing organizations to develop and industrialize designs that achieve high-quality customer-facing attributes as well as high field reliability
- Define, execute and supervise design verification test plans and reporting with a mix of internal and external resources
- Support production ramp and field problem resolution
- 8+ year track record of in-depth mechanical, structural, electromechanical product development with a focus on design of mechanical / electrical assemblies for user experience and high volume mfg
- Strong engineering fundamentals in the areas of mechanics, materials, precision mechanisms, wire harness and connector design
- Knowledge of mechanical, materials, electrical engineering, EMI/EMC factors in electrical connection design
- Deep expertise in 3D CAD modeling, drafting, GD&T and utilizing PLM systems for doc and release control
- Direct accomplishments executing consumer product components and assemblies with intricate high volume mfg processes such as injection molding, forging, stamping, PCBA fab, etc.
- Formal mechanical or electrical engineering education with focus on hardware design and development, B.S. minimum, higher preferred
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $197,000.00 -$227,000.00 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.