Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Identify, analyze, design, develop and debug system software for Camera/Imaging and Computer Vision features on Linux, QNX Android systems.
- Deliver quality code, debug complex problems, prioritize and get things done with a high level of efficiency and urgency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple engineering and algorithms teams, making the architectural, design tradeoffs required to deliver scalable end to end software stack across various compute engines.
- Stay open-minded, constantly dive into innovative technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of complex problem solving.
- Hands on experience with C++ on *nix and/or RTOS based systems.
- Preferred Master's Degree in Electronics, Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Exceptional candidates with Bachelor's degree in Computer Science will also be considered.
- Experience with optimizing code across various compute engines and heterogeneous computing ( CPU / GPU / DSP / etc)
- Experience with best in class Engineering practices, technical documentation, design/architecting, and code reviews.
- Experience with software update strategy for development and mass production phases including but not limited to OTA SW updates, factory SW updates, recovery SW updates, secure SW updates, etc.
- Experience with one or more HAL architectures (preferably Camera HAL)
- Familiarity with HW bring up, MIPI / CSI drivers, V4L2 drivers, SerDes drivers would be a positive.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with interface protocol stacks (SPI,I2C, Ethernet).
- Deep understanding of the camera processing pipeline from a systems level, including ISP, sensors, SerDes, power management, etc.
- Familiar with RTOS kernel (Threadx or QNX), IPC, kernel and user space driver model.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.