Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking to hire a Financial Analyst for its growing team to support our Manufacturing organization, based out of its factory in Normal, Illinois.
- Be a key strategic partner for our manufacturing leadership team, interacting with shop directors and the VP of Manufacturing
- Serve as a trusted partner to the Manufacturing organization by articulating, reviewing, and analyzing financial forecasts, and executing financial planning needs
- Consolidate and build financial plans for the Operations organization; includes collecting and tracking headcount, operating and capital expenses
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis for packaging, logistics, manufacturing, and other strategic business decisions
- Prepare and present insightful analysis to support leadership in decision-making
- Conduct variance analysis to forecast, track KPIs, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Accounting and other Finance teams to perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities; includes managing accruals and preparing close presentations
- A passion for sustainability and keeping the world adventurous forever
- Top-tier analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing and ambiguous environment with imperfect data
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to step-back and see the big picture
- Agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner, written and verbally
- Expert at Excel, and a strong proficiency with PowerPoint required
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Tableau, PowerQuery, PowerBI, and/or SQL a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Operations, or relevant experience in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in Finance, Consulting, Investment Banking, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or other related field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.