Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Our manufacturing plant is the heartbeat of Rivian. Our welding team is using their specialized skills to support our manufacturing processes for our R1 and EDV product lines.
Welding Candidates will be required to pass a Welder Qualification Test prior to performing MIG welding on Rivian parts or assemblies.
Professional, effective, and highly capable repair technician with more than 1 year of experience (GMAW) on steel and aluminum materials.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Perform skilled MIG welding on thin galvanized sheet metal utilizing multiple transfer modes.
- Inspect work and repair as necessary and review quality alerts and quality of welds
- Effectively operate typical welding equipment
- Ability to understand work instructions and requirements for each task
- Use grinders and/or tools to smooth and clean as required prior to and after welding
- Ability to assemble component parts using appropriate hand/small power tools.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and tools and maintain a clean working area
- Organize all supplies (materials, tools, and equipment)
- Carry out tasks to meet applicable safety standards, quality criteria, and cycle times to maximize productivity and profitability and help minimize downtime and waste
- Effectively communicate and maintain a good relationship with team members, contractors/suppliers and other stakeholders as required to ensure targets are met
- Immediately report problems/failures that may impact the organization and/or its customers to the Team Lead or Group Lead.
- Responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
- Adhere to all Rivian policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience (GMAW) on steel and aluminum materials. (In house certification will be required)
- High School Diploma or GED and welding certificate preferred
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.