Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Purchasing Manager is responsible for all strategic sourcing activities and supplier management functions to support the continued growth and roll-out of Rivian facilities across the country. This role will support projects in both the commercial space as well as charging infrastructure deployment.
- Own the contractual process with suppliers by negotiating NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Statements of Work
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and future technologies
- Assist in market research. Identify potential sources by various indicators based on project requirements as well as Rivian’ s goals related to sustainability, equity, and diversity. Prepare market surveys and document results of market research.
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop commodity strategies and roadmaps for Rivian Stakeholders
- Expand opportunities to generate value to the enterprise through leveraging / expanding national accounts, consolidating spend and developing other opportunities
- Perform detailed analysis of quotations based on cost breakdowns from supplier submissions
- Drive and implement continuous cost improvements through negotiations to achieve operational cost targets
- Establish strong supplier relationships and manage performance through the creation of key performance metrics
- Manage departmental budgets in collaboration with Rivian Finance team to ensure contracts are on target
- Analyze current spend data in construction and facilities spend commodities and find opportunities for cost reductions and supplier consolidation
- Work closely alongside Stakeholders to meet their technical requirements, execute against set milestones and track sourcing progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 5+ years of construction related purchasing. procurement, or strategic sourcing experience
- 3+ years of purchasing construction related material and services
- 3+ years’ experience with procurement software, preferably Coupa
- 5+ years MS Office
- Working knowledge of the construction labor market and materials/commodities market trends; demonstrated general contractor and subcontract experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of integrity
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
- Attention to detail to ensure that the sourcing criteria meets the Stakeholder’s requirements
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $116,000-$134,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.