Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Diagnostic Specialist role leverages each part of the knowledge, skill and experience that comes from a career in the Automotive Industry, giving to the specialty as a Diagnostics Professional. Your attention to detail and focus on quality, will have led to your having a deeper understanding of core systems and technologies than is required to simply “make the repair”. Having adopted a continuous improvement mindset, is what drives the Diagnostic Specialist to integrate the many facets of their abilities in complex diagnostics with the connected vehicles being produced today. These efforts come together to provide the consumer with a Service Experience rarely found in the automotive industry. Responsibilities include, pre-diagnostics, diagnostic content collection, reporting and development, cross-functional support and development, as well as direct “in Service” diagnostic support.
- Perform diagnostics using a combination of technical understanding of Rivian products, experience with integrated automotive systems, use of specialized diagnostic tools, and an understanding of logged vehicle data to arrive at likely causes for reported concerns.
- Producing high quality documentation in both Service Operational and Engineering document systems.
- Communicate cross-functionally with logistics personnel in support of Service operational needs specific to repair planning.
- Produce test and/or repair plans using data collected through diagnostic information systems, with an emphasis on interpreting connected vehicle data.
- Provide accurate logistic recommendations for vehicle part allocation specific to repair plans,
- Evaluate and perform remote repairs to concerns that have been determined to be safe and effectively performed without local access to the vehicle.
- Ensure an industry leading customer repair experience through skilled diagnostics and excellent communication of the diagnostic/repair plan with all appropriate cross-functional teams prior to Service scheduling.
- Work closely with customer support teams to train and empower agents in conducting live diagnostics on common vehicle issues; as well as addressing customer concerns related to expected vehicle behavior.
- Create a culture of collaboration with individuals, cross functional teams and leadership by encouraging feedback and open communication.
- 5+ years of experience in automotive industry or automotive repair, with an emphasis on mechanical, thermal, electrical, data processing and systems integration
- Familiarity with terminal interfaces, scripting languages and experience reading/writing computer code a plus
- Experience within customer support or customer relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic
- Self-motivated, and encouraging of others
- Able to work efficiently in small groups, large groups as well as individually
- Ability to work effectively under pressure or within tight time limits
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Experience with logistics or parts ordering systems
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Competent computer and typing skills
- Appropriate interpersonal style and communication needed to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to travel as needed
- Extremely detail oriented
*This role will be located at or near a Rivian facility located Portland, OR
- International / Cross Platform / Multi-brand and EV experience
- Experience in a Start-up environment
- A.S.E. Certifications – Current (or prior)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.