Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Role Summary: Rivian is looking for Equipment Maintenance Technicians to support our plant operations in Normal, IL. As an Equipment Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art equipment in one of the fastest growing industries in the country and make a true impact on growing the Electric Vehicle Industry. This role is located in Normal IL and reports to the Manager of Maintenance.
This is a general description of responsibilities, day to day responsibilities will vary based on level and need
- Perform break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devices in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools
- Identify and source parts, supplies and repair items as necessary
- Independently perform maintenance as per industry standards
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- May perform welding tasks
- Comply with 5S and housekeeping standards
- Drive and participate in CI activities - processes, results, and cost savings
- Update records and reviews CMMS history
- Troubleshoot and analyze control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems
- Utilize predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data
- Provide assistance to other technicians as needed and leadership to small teams. Perform more advanced functions as a part of training and development
- Complete on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development
- Follow all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions, and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions
We are hiring for all levels of Maintenance Technicians. General requirements for the positions follow, but not all inclusive of all levels to technician.
General Requirements: (Based on level and scope of role)
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED) (Preferred)
- Understand electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze problems and perform repairs
- Ability to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
- May be required to travel
- Electrical Certification
- Industrial Maintenance Experience
- Skilled Trades degree or experience with an apprenticeship program
- PLC programming experience
- Experience with maintenance of hydraulics, pneumatics
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.