Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The opening will be based in Palo Alto, CA, and reports directly to a Sr Engineering Manager, DevOps.
- Architect, develop and lead implementation of a performant and efficient build system.
- Champion the integrity of build system.
- Analyze requirements and help onboard new components and software stacks.
- Integrate third-party and open-source software in the build system.
- Identify the requirements and develop tools to enhance developer productivity in the build environment.
- Identify and set new technical directions to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision
- Consistently drive down the build times.
- Participate in release process.
- Develop tools, and solutions for CI / CD workflow
- Work with other cross-functional teams and convert business requirements into engineering requirements
- Be a dynamic cross-functional technical leader enabling other dependent teams (like QA, Integration and Program management)
- Help integrate periodic updates to third-party and open-source
- 8 to10 + years min of experience with embedded or Linux software development using C/C++
- 7+ years of experience with build tools like GNU Make, Cmake, Gradle and Bazel.
- 5+ years of experience with scripting languages like Python and/or Shell
- Proven fluency in C/C++ and embedded programming
- Strong experience with developing tools for software products using
- Android / Linux / QNX preferred
- Embedded - software development, tools and build-release engineering experience preferred
- Ability to write scripts in Python and Shell
- Linux experience, preferably Ubuntu or Redhat
- Fundamental understanding of OS drivers and packages
- Good understanding of private and public clouds.
- Experience working with next generation Object/Block storage (S3, Swift, etc...)
- Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $184,000 - $211,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.