Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Manager for Powertrain Test Operations will lead the Plymouth Powertrain Testing team. They will manage all aspects of the test operations from facility and equipment development to team operations and growth; responsible for delivering on our mission to build and operate a world-class lab supporting Powertrain development activities for Rivian’s world-class products.
- Manage a test team responsible for the development and operation of custom test equipment for testing Powertrain products.
- Ensure operational efficacy of test resources, balancing priorities appropriately between facility demands and stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely delivery of testing milestones, including facility and equipment installations.
- Provide forecasting of test load factors to identify potential resource shortfalls. Provide options for outsourcing or load management to achieve all goals on-time.
- Monitor test resource usage and identify areas for improvement.
- Understand testing efforts and scope by analyzing the requirements of the development team’s validation plan.
- Review test data and reports prepared by test engineers and technicians.
- Organize status meetings and report out on (daily, weekly etc.) basis.
- Management responsibilities include all personnel functions, staffing, and providing technical guidance on complex or unique problems.
- Identify training requirements and communicate to department leads.
- BS in Engineering with a minimum 10 years of experience required in driving and managing highly effective test operations
- Expertise in the following areas: Test facilities, dynamometers, instrumentation, test controls software, facilities support, test cell systems, maintenance and operation of equipment
- Strong foundation of electrified powertrain concepts (motor, inverter, gearbox, and battery systems), emerging trends, and overall system interaction
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management.
- The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others.
- Must have the ability to deliver succinct written and verbal communication and make timely decisions
- Must be highly motivated and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently with limited supervision, while driving day-to-day operations
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.